Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Subtle Post

The more the discs spin, the more I gain a respect for Subtle, and Doseone in particular. Their music is so technical, outside the box, emotional, and complex. It's rap, but it's not. Almost like a confused white boy doing solo Bone Thugs-N-Harmony impressions over irregular timestamps - but completely original. I can tell, the more time I spend researching Dose, that he was a huge hip-hop head, that it was his blood and ligaments. That's exactly how I felt for much of my life. Anyhow, he doesn't even rhyme half the time, but his flow is so incredible... I really hope that, like modern day poetry, eventually music goes the way of anti-rhyme. It's out-dated, unnecessary, confining (in a bad way), and just fucking cheesy. He pulls it off so well one rarely notices. You should probably read this instead of me continually jerking his cock.


Subtle - A New White . Download: Mediafire

Subtle - Wishingbone . Download: Mediafire



Subtle - Yell & Ice . Download: Mediafire



Subtle - Autumn EP . Download: Mediafire



Subtle - Summer EP . Download: Mediafire



Subtle - Winter EP . Download: Mediafire




Subtle - Spring EP . Download: Mediafire


Subtle - For Hero: For Fool . Download: Mediafire

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm Subtle. Love this group so much. Great post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!

ffreshness said...

glad this is still up! thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I've been looking for a lot of subtle for a while.

red_lipstick said...

thanks for the subtle post. just came across your blog; it's really cool. Def comin back when I have more time to look around.
Thanks again.
barbara