Friday, March 14, 2008

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago (2007,8)

I'm putting this in the race for best album '08, though it was technically originally released in '07, because it wasn't released on a label with distribution until, well, you get it. The wait was worth it. Probably preaching to the choir here, but this is number one so far (AC not included).

Taking this opportunity to tell you something. Co-worker and I had a conversation about what makes a song good. He said progression, which is true, to an extent. My response was honesty. That's what separates mainstream and underground, imo. And, as everything mirrors itself in life, that's why I think more intelligent people listen to underground music, as we want something to connect to. Not saying people that listen to mainstream music aren't honest, but there's been a difference in my experiences.

Download: Rapidshare

No comments: