Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gang Starr - Hard To Earn (1994)

I am going to start incorporating more and more 90's hip hop into this blog, because that's when and where I really got into music, and it's where my heart lies. DJ Premier... top 3 producer of all time. He changed so much, and had so many biters it was unbelievable. That scratched in chorus, the drums, and cut and paste method of sampling that became so routine it would become stale by the time Madlib, MF Doom, Ant, and others would get around to it. Guru is a severely underrated MC as well. Yeah, he's monotone, but he had something most emcee's never would get (Black Thought, I'm looking at you): the ability to say on topic. Enjoy this with a big spliff and car ride.

Download: Mediafire

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm I love Gang Starr.....but I have to say that Black Thought is far better than Guru...

Kevin said...

R.I.P GURU